Blair Richard Martin
painter, Toronto, ON
Blair Richard Martin is a Canadian painter. His work is about his life, the late 20th century, cinema, Ontario landscape and the streets of Toronto.
Blair Richard Martin has spent a lifetime in the arts. He has been a professional musician since the age of 19 and left his mark on the local rock'n'roll scene as lead singer and main song-writer with the legendary Raving Mojos and in the 1990s was instrumental in the development of Toronto's world music scene as founding member, band-leader, percussionist and first voice singer with local Cuban son group, Klave y Kongo.
He has worked in video, digital graphics, web-design and photography where he developed a sense of composition and visual foundation; and most recently he has ventured further into the visual arts with his work as a painter. Blair's work in this field is thoughtful and shows skill that has developed at an astonishing rate. His work exhibits a distinct sense of colour as well as a knowledge and understanding of art history, cinema and composition. Blair has already shown in his first solo show, and is a regular in group art shows around the city.
- Not An Everyday Occurence at Gallery 115, Toronto, ON
- Think Outside the Box at Gallery 115, Toronto, ON
- Independent Display at Danforth Compassion Clinic, Toronto, ON
- Spectrum at Tantra Lounge, Toronto, ON
- Expressions at Tantra Lounge, Toronto, ON
- Awaken at Tantra Lounge, Toronto, ON
- The Subject is Paint! at Minto Westside gallery, Toronto, ON